Baby Bum Balm
Prolonged dampness, friction and ammonia substances released from wee can irritate your child’s skin. This gentle balm can be used as an everyday barrier cream, and can also aid healing irritated diaper/nappy rash.
Ingredients: Coconut oil, beeswax, sweet almond oil, shea butter, vitamin E, calendula oil, essential oils of lavender and tea tree.
Recommended for babies over 3 months.
- Coconut Oil reduces skin inflammation, itching, and irritation. Is a great emollient if the barrier function of your skin is disturbed. It's great at repairing and restoring this quickly as it is rapidly absorbed into the epidermis. Contains Vitamin E, essential amino acids, and lauric and caprylic acid to rapidly restore the skin's natural flora.
- Sweet Almond Oil contains vitamin E, vitamin A, monosaturated fatty acids, protein, potassium, and zinc to heal. Provides a protective layer for the skin and guards against unwanted moisture and associated irritations
- Calendula Oil has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that might make it useful in healing wounds, soothing eczema, and relieving diaper/nappy rash. It’s also used as an antiseptic.
- Lavender Essential Oil has very powerful antiseptic properties. Applying it to wounds increases cell growth causing the wound to heal faster. The oil's anti-microbial action protects broken skin from infection, while allowing it heal.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil the anti-inflammatory effect of tea tree oil helps to soothe and relieve painful and irritated skin. It also helps to reduce redness and swelling.
Made in Palmerston North, Aotearoa New Zealand.